Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bullshooter Results

Hello everyone. Just got home from the Bullshooter World Champ. It was a great weekend. I love catching up with people who I only get to see a couple of times a year, and also all of the new friends that I was able to make. It is always my favorite tournament of the year.

The weekend started off with the Monsters of the Mid-Way Team tournament. I played with JohnnyK, Isen, and Shawn. We went undefeated and won the title. That was the first time that I had won that event so it was great. A big thanks to the guys for holding me up.

The second event was the Top Gun Singles Cricket. I had never won this event either so I am very proud to say that I won this one as well. Wow what great competition. I played some of the best darts of my life and needed everyone one of them. It was a complete honor to have beaten all of these great players and claim the title. Later that night I played in the Top Gun Mixed Triples. I played with Lisa Bastian and my son Jake. I can not tell you how great this was, to be able to play the game you love with your son at the World Championships is just unbelievable. We won our first 2 matches and lost to a great team that had Team USA member Roger Carter on it. They played great, but I know they didn't have more fun than us...lol.

Saturday events started with the Pro Doubles 501. I played with JohnnyK again and we ran into a buzz saw from Slovenia. They are a great team and the got us in the tie-breaker game. On the losers side we lost to one of my teammates from Thursday Isen and Bob. Bob hit a 180 then followed it up with 156 for the win, with me on 4 and Johnny on 30. What a great shot.

Sunday was Pro Luck of the Draw. I drew a great guy named Bob Hudzik. We are good friends away from the game so this was a great fit for me. We had a blast. We played my partner JohnnyK and Darin Young in the finals. What a great team that was. We won the diddle in the tie-breaker game and went on to win. It was so much fun playing with a great guy and beating such a great team. Just class all around. Thanks again Bob for playing so well.

Monday was time for the Pro Singles 501 and Pro Doubles Cricket. I missed a couple of doubles early and they cost me dearly. I lost my first match to Brady McCaw. He played very well. I won 2 matches on the losers side and lost to the eventual champion Seba from Slovenia. I missed only 3 darts in 3 games and still lost. The diddle is so important in this game. The second event was the Cricket. It went very well as we won the winners side. Darin Young and Ray Carver came out of the losers bracket to play us in the finals. We beat them in the 2nd round earlier so we knew they would be a tough match. It went all the way to the end and they got us. 2nd Place. Not bad but it is a disappointment when you win the winners side and get double dipped. Even when it is a great team like them. They played better and deserved the win.

All in all it was a great weekend. Had a blast and made many new friends. Just want to say thanks to my partner JohnnyK. As always it was a pleasure shooting with you and you are a class act. Looking forward to next time. Talk to everyone soon. Time to practice.

Scotty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Great shooting against you in chicago(1st round 501 pro AA dbles).You are a truly class act.I am honored to be thrown into the AA bracket even if I feel I have a long way to go.There are no other pros in my area but so great shots nonetheless.I am going to try to get to JohnnyK's tournys every now and then.This will only help.I was happy to grab that 1 leg even if Johnny did struggle,and thinking back know I should have told my partner that a hatrick froze you and maybe forced that 5th game.Just got caught in the moment.Thats what not traveling to enough tourny's will do,but with a 3 and 5 yr old I am fine with that.I just hope that watching you and your family for the last 4 to 5 yrs in chicago that I can make my children as proud as you have your family.Take care,keep practicing and hope to see you next year.

sincerely,
Lee Sheaffer

juda1001 said...

Thank you Lee. My family is the most important thing to me just as I am sure it is to you. I try every time I shoot to make them proud. Keep up the hard work and you will be fine. Thanks again for the kind words. Talk to you soon.

Scotty

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please remember that youth darters visit here and keep the comments rated G, thanks!