Friday, October 23, 2009

Catching Up

Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have had many thing going on in my family life, but I will get to that later in my blog. As far as darts go I was supposed to go to Shanghai China last week for a huge Steel Tip Tournament. Everything was all set up for me to go when I was talking to a friend who was also going. He asked me if I had my Visa. I could have thrown up! This was Thursday night and as I found out the next day, the Visa office was closed on Friday and Monday. This meant I would not be able to get my Visa until Tuesday night at the earliest. My flight was scheduled for Monday morning so I would have to change it. The earliest I would be able to fly out was going to be Wednesday morning now. This would have put me into China Thursday late afternoon. I would have missed the whole first day of play at the tournament. This added to the fact it would have cost me almost double to change my flight, I decided this was not to be so I canceled the trip. I am very disappointed that I had to miss this great event and am very grateful for the invitation from the Chinese Dart Authorities. I will definitely will be making the trip next year.

I will be playing in some dart tournaments over the next few weeks here in Wisconsin and Illinois. This weekend will be a very special tournament as it will also be a benefit for a very close friend of mine named Ben Dersch. He has been sick and had to have surgery. He will be off work for a while so we are counting on our fellow dart players to help out a friend in need. The tournament will be at: THE CELLAR 112 ROWELL ST. BEAVER DAM WI. If anyone of you will be in the area please stop in and show your support. We will be having many raffles and door prizes, including a stand up Valley Dart Board. There will also be many other prizes. If you can not attend but would still like to make a donation please e-mail me at juda10010@yahoo.com and I will give you the address to send it to. Thank you for anything you may give. Hope to see many of you there. I will give the results of the tournament next week.

As for the family, my daughter Tracie and Ryan had their baby!! Me and Juda are the PROUD Grandparents of Conner Ryan Olson. He is doing great and growing like a weed.I will add a picture for everyone to see. He might just be the cutest baby ever. I might also might be bias...lol.

My son Jake has been sick for a couple of months now. He went to the hospital back in Aug. for stomach pain. They thought it was just a stomach virus so they treated it and it went away. It came back again and last week they did many tests on him. They think it is Crohn's Disease. He will have another test next week in Madison to verify it, but Crohn's is what the signs point to now. I just want them to figure it out so they can treat him, he has been sick way to long. I just want him to feel better.

Juda and I just celebrated our 11th anniversary. We have been together for 22 years now, who knew she could put up with me for that long...lol. Things have been crazy around the house as well. We moved last month to a much smaller travel friendly home. It will be so nice not having to worry about snow removal and lawn care while I am gone. I would like to thank everyone who reads my posts and if you have any ideas for new posts please let me know and I will do my best to answer it. Good luck, shoot great, and most of all have fun. I will talk to everyone next week.

ScottyK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please remember that youth darters visit here and keep the comments rated G, thanks!