Monday, May 18, 2009

Wisconsin State Results

Hello everyone. I just got back from a long weekend of shooting. It was a great time. We played in Wisconsin Dells at the Kalahari Resort. This is one of the biggest State tournaments in the country. I played Singles Cricket first. I had some very hard fought matches and I lost in the last 4 of the winners side to Ben Dersh in a great match. I came back to play Ben again in the 3rd place match and got him back. I then played Randy "Big Dog" VanDeursen. It was another great match. I won the first set 2-1 forcing a second match. In a back and forth game Big Dog got the last bite winning the 3rd and final game. It was a blast even though I lost. I love playing in matches like that.

The Doubles was on Thursday night, and there was not much break between events. I played with a local kid Brian Monroe. We had a blast and won some really tough matches. We lost our first match to the team that ended up 3rd, and we lost our second one to the team that got 4th. We gave it our best and ended up 13th. I would like to say we had more fun than any other team in the tournament. Thanks Brian.

The Team 501 event was last. I played with Tim Tegal, Lane Helgson, Joel Portaga, and Mark the owner of Coins Sports Bar. We won our round-robin bracket on Friday night and moved on to the final 16 on Sunday. We again played some very tough matches and winning the winners side. We now had a wait to see who we would play in the finals. The team from Milwaukee came through. They shoot some great darts beating us in the first match in the tie-breaker game. Again in the second match we went to the tie-breaker game, but this time it was our time coming out on top. It was a very tough match and congratulations to them for a great match.

All in all it was a good weekend of darts. I played pretty well and had a blast catching up with old friends. Golfing went well and many of our local players did very well this weekend also. Next up is the Bullshooter World Championships in Chicago Ill. This is the hardest electronic dart tournament in the world in my opinion, so I will have my work cut out for me. I will post results from that one next week. Have a great week and good luck to everyone going to the Bullshooter World Championships. Shoot great and have fun.

Scotty

1 comments:

Tim Whitcomb said...

Sounds like you had a blast, good shooting, and can't wait to play in Chicago. See ya there.

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, please remember that youth darters visit here and keep the comments rated G, thanks!